How to easily and quick manage your uTorrent and help the community

Drinkplz

Simple: Huge archives (as a general rule) such as big console games, collections, (rare stuff are more likely to need seeders too) are more likely to be deleted after ppl downloaded it and need seeders. Not everyone have huge HDs. Popular movies, actually most of them (unless its a rare old movie) often have lots of seeders and doesnt need your bandwidth and they stay on ppl HDs for longer than the first ones I listed.

Rule: Stop (use the stop button after selecting the torrent on the completed tab) seeding stuff theres already lots of seeders and leechers (its redundant you see). If you are a cool guy you might also want to check which torrent(s) need more seeders from time to time.

If you are downloading one of these you can limit the upload rate to a very low one(to avoid flames I will warn that by limiting the upload rate of an archive you are downloading there's a small chance it can delay a bit your download, so unless you are extremely selfish or are in a desperate hurry to finish your high bandwidth download it wont make any serious difference for you).

Priorize seeding archives with few seeders keep in mind that huge archives are more likely to lose their seeders fast and die. Try keeping them on your HD and seed those. I dont want to go deep into this but by doing this the odds are it will also help yourself someday.

Thanks for your time and bump if needed.

A simple AI could also be implemented on utorrent to automatically do this, even if it's not as efficient as manual control, ppl should be able to toggle it.

Laters

Archived