Help needed

skarlas

You need to provide more info to get a better answer. But I will try. There are several ways you can move files.

1. Select torrent, right-click to show menu, select Advanced to get at the "Set Download Location". That will move all files from that location to the new target download location.

2. Select torrent, go to the "Files" tab below, select the file to be moved, right-click to show menu, select relocate. This will move the selected file to the target location. (I have had some problems with this. Sometimes it will physically move the file to the new target location. Sometimes, I get an error when all I really wanted to was rename the file. When that happens, I rename the file in windows file manager, then go back to uTorrent to re-locate it to the new target file location. Needless to say this forces a re-check.

The easiest thing to do when a disc crashes so to put in a new disk with the same share. Or if connecting via a USB port, assign the same Root Directory as the old drive had. If the old drive was "O:", attach the new drive as drive "O:". You can change drive letters in the control panel for windows. That way the torrents in uTorrent pointing to the "O" drive will still point to the "right" location.

Archived