Cannot Relocate multiple files in a batch torrent

jako1988

Okay, ever since utorrent 3 was released, I cannot select multiple files in a batch torrent or all the files in the batch to relocate. I can relocate files in the same batch torrent one by one but if I select multiple files and relocate them, the file path is screwed up. I'll use this anime, bakuman, I torrented a while back as an example. It's located in my ext HD named G:\Anime with it's own folder name Bakuman.

The file path should be G:\Anime\Bakuman\[TMD_A-Destiny]_Bakuman_01v2_[720p][A99D6D5A]. This is normal if I ONLY select ep1 in the torrent batch and relocate that file individually. If I tried to relocate more than 1 file at a time then for some unknown reason, it becomes G:\Anime\Bakuman\Bakuman[720_AAC_TV][TMD_A-Destiny]\[TMD_A-Destiny]_Bakuman_01v2_[720p][A99D6D5A].

I don't know if this is on my end or what but I can't figure out why it's adding in that Bakuman[720_AAC_TV][TMD_A-Destiny]\ part when clearly its not in any additional folders with that name. It works the way it's suppose to when done individually though which is the weird part.

I made a post and a thread a while back about this problem and hoping that it was just because utorrent 3 was an unstable release then but it seems the problem has still persisted even after I redownloaded utorrent and installed the latest version.

What's even more frustrating is that it seems I'm the only one having this problem because I haven't seen any other threads with any similar problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I second this.

I'm downloading tv series which is want to be saved in "folder\file" style, but i want to save it just as "file". In uTorrent 2.2.1 I select all files in torrent and relocate whem in folder i want, and path to all files was corrected automaticaly. In uTorrent 3.0 (b25824 32-bit) I select all files, relocate whem, but new path contain "Folder" from original torrent path, to get rid of this I need to relocate all files one-by-one, it's very inconvenient.

Thank you, and sorry for my English.

• 2 months later...

This annoying problem is still here, now i'm use uT 3.1.2.26729 32-bit.

I try to describe it one more time maybe someone can help.

I download torrent file, my client set to automaticaly save content to "Download" folder on HDD. Downloaded torrent already have relative path in it, so path become "Download\Torrent_Folder\File". I want to save content in subfolder with name i choose, let's say "Download\MyFolder". I right click on torrent -> Advanced -> Set download location... -> choose MyFolder -> click Select Folder. Path to files become "Download\MyFolder\Torrent_Folder\File". To get rid of "Torrent_Folder" in uT 2.x, i went to Files tab, select all files -> right click -> relocate... -> choose MyFolder as destination -> i get what i want, path become "Download\MyFolder\File". In uT 3.x this doesn't work, it don't change path if i choose multiple files. So i need to click on every single file and relocate it one by one.

If this is a bug please fix it, or let me know about workaround.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, and it's extremely frustrating as I can find no workaround aside from relocating every single file individually, which is a real pain with large torrents.

I consider this to be a bug; I can't imagine how it could be intentional. I see a few comments in the new Beta changelog that sound like they may address this problem, but I haven't tested it yet. I will be doing so momentarily. If the problem still persists, I'll start a thread in the Bug forum.

UPDATE I: Just tested it - the issue hasn't been fixed. I'll start a new thread and make a post in the Beta thread as well. I suggest anyone else experiencing this issue do likewise.

UPDATE II: Posted here.

Archived