uTorrent slows my pc

Sh0ti

So, ive been using uTorrent for the past few years and in the last weeks ive had crucial issue that led me into deciding to stop using it until I get around the problem...

Basicly if I start downloading a torrent (It usually happens only to movies that need more time to find peers ( not sure tho) - it doesnt happen if i download a tv show episode : only to files bigger than 5gb)

My PC goes extremely slow :

Internet goes slow up to the point it doesnt load at all.

Folders dont respond- they dont open..(It takes about 30+ seconds for em to open)

uTorrent itself doenst respond therefore I cant stop the torrent download so im stuck with slow pc..

even Ctrl alt del takes 2-3 minutes to open the menu and then even afre pickin Task Manager it takes 2 more minutes to open it..

still- Cant force stop uTorretn from taskamanger...

It literally feels as if the whole uTorrent is messing my pc to the point when even restart takes 5-10 minutes when it usually my pc loads for less than 2 minutes which an less than 30 seconds loading after password typing...

So, I guess I need to play with my pc settings or something (I dont think its uTorrent that makes my pc slow- more like the settings im using that dont go well with the download- mb it uses all possible connection or smth), if any1 could help out.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing has been happening to me as well in the last 1 and a half years. I tried everything suggested by the users of this forum and searched google. Nothing helped. I guess you'll just have to get used to it. I used to be able to seed a lot of torrents. Nowadays I can't even download a torrent larger than 4-5 GB without my PC becoming slow.

Archived