Need Help Getting Green Light

ajh91481

I have used uTorrent for a while without issues.  Recently, I have had trouble getting the green "connected" light.  Most of the time it is grey - part of the time orange - and maybe 5% of the time green.  I have used the instructions on portforward.com to set up port forwarding with no change in status.  I have tried random port numbers.  I tried deleting some of the files I was seeding to increase cache.  Still nothing.  There are dozens of web pages on this, and I think I have tried every logical answer I can find, but I am having the same issue.  I am not a wiz at the finer points in networking, but I think I have everything set up correctly - at least according to the instructions I find online.  Any hints or tips about what I should be looking for?  Thanks for the help.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the color scheme.  The light stays grey about 75% of the time.  If I click in to the settings, it says "connection status unavailable".  Am I misinterpreting this?  I would seem to me that it grey indicates that it can't get or sustain a connection.  I understand that some grey is probably normal, but I would expect a connection a lot of the time.

Archived