Trying to get red seeds started again

ausworkshop

I moved some of my downloads to another location. Spent the last 1.5hrs reading up on how to get them to start seeding again after they turned red. I know you can follow instructions on how to move them by stopping the seed first etc. Problem is I didn't know I had to stop them BEFORE moving them and now I can't seem to work out how to get them going again once I've moved them. I tried going to the file section down the bottom and setting the new location of where they are now, then I do a recheck and it seems to stop at about 99% and won't start seeding again. Why is this so difficult? All I can get it to do is start downloading all over again. Very frustrating. I would like to seed and help the community but whenever I try to do anything with utorrent I always end up wasting hours and getting nowhere. About to remove them all and start all over again. Please help, there must be an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out.

That's pretty much the answer I expected from this extremely helpful forum. Do you really think I would spend one and a half hours looking at how to do this and not read the migration guide. Do you mean the migration guide that tells me to

"Stop the torrent you wish to move in the torrent list in µTorrent."

As I tied to explain I did not stop the torrent and I think that is why it doesn't work for me and is the reason I was forced to use this forum.

I guess if I have a spare half a day to waste I will look into it all again. For now I think I will just remove all my torrents as I can't work out how to get them seeding again.

I also have spent ages trying to figure out why my downloads are so slow but I dare not ask that question after reading the responses on here to other members.

Thanks anyway ciaobaby!

I tried to ask in my original question but because of your silly games you like to play with everyone who asks you a question I still don't have a straight answer so I'll ask again. There's no assumptions needed, I know I should have read the guide but I didn't. Telling me this over and over will not answer my question.

Can I do anything to get the torrents seeding again? Its not good telling me what I know I should have done. Only reason I came on here is to ask if there is anything I can do NOW?

Let me make it easy for you so you don't drag this on any longer, please just answer yes or no.

Because I am an idiot and didn't read the guide where it says to STOP the torrent first does this mean they are never going to seed again and that I should simply delete them all?

Yes or No will do for now thanks. I don't want to confuse you by asking HOW to do something.

Can I do anything to get the torrents seeding again? Its not good telling me what I know I should have done. Only reason I came on here is to ask if there is anything I can do NOW?

That depends on WHY the status bar is red???

Error messages?

What does the status column show?

Logger reports??

Version and build?

Unless you provide the EXACT symptoms of the problems we can only guess at what is happening and provide general advice, it's the equivalent the "take two aspirin and call me in the morning" advice from doctors when anyone rings up with a headache.

Most of them just say stopped now because I stopped them. They started to download all over again rather than resume seeding. The one that I didn't mess around with is still red and it says

Error: Invalid download state, try resuming.

If I right click on it there is no option to 'resume'.

The ones that I clicked Force Re-Check didn't fix themselves either, I think they are the ones that started to download again. Would be great if you could simply right click and choose to seed again but I guess its more complex than that. I had no idea this would be so complex or I never would have tried to do a simple thing like moving the files to another location in the first place.

I copied the downloaded file and the torrent file to another location so that I could copy them in and out and try to work out how to get it seeding again. Where do I put them? l I've tried the parent directory, deleted, tried the directory below it, deleted, tried the original directory and still can't figure it out. All I can do is get it to start downloading again. I can't seem to find anyway to make it seed again, doesn't matter where I put the files and where I set the download location it still won't seed. There is no option to start seeding again. Removing the torrent and putting it back just makes the torrent start downloading again.

As with everything I try to do with utorrent it seems to be way too complex, I've read information and guides for hours and still can't figure out how to simply get a movie that I have already downloaded to seed again. I'm about to give up, it shouldn't be this hard to simply seed something I've already downloaded. Why is there no information on how to do this easily? Why isn't there an option at the top to add a seed or start a seed? Adding a torrent just starts it downloading again from scratch.

I have the movie file and I have the torrent file so what do I need to do to get it seeding again?

Is this not possible now because I didn't stop the seeding BEFORE moving the file originally?

I think I finally figured it out. I got one working again anyway. My head hurts now and I need to go to bed. Will try the others tomorrow. Not sure what I was doing wrong the first time I tried. Hopefully if I ever need to do this again someday I will remember that its called 'migration' and look up the relevant guide first.

I still think there should be an easier way to do this but hey, I know nothing about programing so perhaps its too hard to make a simple feature easy to use.

Archived