Download never reaches 100%, feel like I have tried everything

donjuan

Ok, I'm at the end of my tether; here's my situation:

I have been using utorrent 1.6.1 to download a single torrent: 102 MB of mp3 files. The 'done' bar goes from 97.3% to 97.4%, and then down to 96.9%, on and on and on for hours now..

I have read posts of people having similar problems, exhausted the FAQ and guide sections, and still can't figure it out; here is what I have tried:

I have a Trendnet TEW-432BRP wireless router, and have disabled 'gaming mode.' I am using a static IP address, and have determined that ports are forwarded properly.

I have tried disabling UPnP port mapping, disabling and enabling ipfilter, disabling DHT, adjusting and readjusting limits on uploading and downloading based on speed calculations.

My ISP is Shaw cable.

Download rate varies widely, randomly, and erratically, from long periods of 0.0 kB/s to short periods of 100kB/s, but the download rate doesn't seem to have any effect on the progression of the 'done' download bar any more.

Seeds: 8 of 8 connected (81 in swarm)

Peers: 55 of 145 connected

Availability: around 25

Wasted: 110 MB (441 hashfails) <--after searching and searching, I still can't fix this.

The logger is full of failed hash checks and IP bannings.

Most other peers have values around 50%, with usually two at any given time with 100%.

So now that you know what I'm dealing with, do you have any idea why hashfails continue to build, and my file never completes?

I would greatly appreciate any help whatsoever.

Regards,

donjuan

schnurlos, I don't quite know what you mean by 'fake.' I would suspect the torrent to be 'poisoned' if all the other peers were stuck around 97-99% like me. But what do you mean by 'fake?' Does this have something to do with the huge number of hashfails?

Phew! It finally finished. I downloaded a whole aXXo movie in the time it took to finally get the last 2%; I guess it was just a bad torrent after all.

Dear Switeck: Sounds like your advice could have saved me a lot of time and heartache. I don't know very much about ipfilters, so I'm off to do some research.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Archived