Asks for save location twice

thany

I agree, it probably is a bug with Opera. I recall (before I switched back to Firefox) that when I downloaded stuff from Sourceforge, and I clicked the actual download link (after selecting a server), it would ask me where to save the file, but immediately after that, it asked me again. I assume it has something to do with the meta-refresh occurring even though I clicked a link...

• 5 months later...

It happens to me as well on my new computer. I'm using Opera 9.

But: It didn't happen anywhere else, I had Opera installed on 2 other systems and it never happened.

So I guess it's (at least a bit) system-dependant.

I posted this on the Opera forum but I'll go ahead and repost it here:

The problem arises when both Windows and Opera are told to open .torrent files with uTorrent - they both do it and uTorrent ends up trying to download the same torrent twice. To fix this you can either associate .torrents with another program in Windows (bad idea unless you don't want to use uTorrent), or tell Opera not to use uTorrent as a default client and let Windows handle which program opens the file. To do this go to tools -> preferences -> advanced -> downloads -> torrent -> edit and click on the show download dialog radial button.

Archived