Transfer torrents from one computer to another

cantthinkofone

I recently had a crash of my computer, and had to reinstall windows. I had roughly 30 current downloads at that time, some of which had already endured weeks of time. Is there any way to save individual unfinished files, and transfer them into another, or new utorrent base without having to start them over? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just happened to answer a similar question. Put all the unfinished torrents into your default UTorrent download directory. Then load the .torrent files into uTorrent, stop them all, and do a Force Re-check on them to make sure that UTorrent sees them.

If for some reason any of the partial downloads aren't in the right locations, do one of the following to fix it up:

1. If all the files from the torrent are still together, then stop the torrent, right-click it, click Advanced, then Set Download Location. Do a Force-Recheck to make sure it sees all the files 100%, then start the torrent again.

2. If you've deleted some of the files but still have the main file, then you can re-direct a single file within a torrent. Highlight the torrent, stop it, click the Files tab, right-click, Relocate. Now point at the file in the new location. Force Re-check, then Start.

Hope that sorts it out for you.

Yes you can. :)

Back up the entire folder %appdata%\utorrent with your history and seetings (copy too the folder with your .torrents if you set one in Preferences > Directories) and move all your (in)complete torrents.

So if the drive letter on your 2nd computer is the same, uT will resume your torrents.

If that's not the case, you have to change the drive letter to retrieve the previous one. Go to disk manager in Windows.

Another solution to avoid to change the drive letter is to edit resume.dat with freeware BEncode Editor (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306). Use the function 'find/replace' and change in one click the drive letter. Save it.

Archived