Lost file error

wizard

I was recently downloading a very large file, and got an error message(not connected with utorrent) which caused me to close down the program for a short time. When I restarted, the file had stopped, and I got an error message saying that one of its files could not be found. Since I couldnt find anything wrong, I forced a recheck, which took over an hour, and discovered that a single file, of 88, was showing as empty.

When I removed, then replaced the torrent, notng changed, so I deleted the files, wasting an added 18GB of downloads. When I tried to later restart the download, I was unable to do so.

I suspected that, thats how I discovered the empty file. but after doing so, no action occurred for over 12 hours, I couldnt even get a reading of how many seeds/peers were available, let aloe connect to any of them. The first recheck took over an hour, itself, but the 2nd one was the usual speed. Next time, Ill save the individual files. Im new to this downloading, and am having problems of ignorance.

Archived