Firewalled apartment network, help!

chadnchady

Hi,

I'm living in a apartment where it offeres broadband connection by simply plugging into the provided lan wall sockets. For all normal downloads it's fast and fine, however i think it has some form of firewall in the central network that restricts my dl speed when torrenting, i.e i never get green icon.

Is there anyway to get around this? as there is no router which i can forward ports.

I heard somewhere before to use a program called 'http tunnelling cliet', however it requires configuring of some proxy settings? which i'm not familiar with.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I also live in a apartment with the network prewired just like yours, but I haven't encountered any problem though. There are many possibilities, since you said your icon never shows green. I would assume there might be something wrong in the setting with the firewall. Have you tried "Speed Guide" in µTorrent? If not, try the second part of it, see if the port is set properly. (Open the µTorrent, Option -> "Speed Guide") If it shows OK, then that's fine. If not, then you need to add µTorrent to your firewall's exception list. That might do the job. If you use wireless router just like me, you need to either enable uPnP or just simply open the port you use in your router. Also, did you enable the Protocol Encryption? That works if your ISP banned the BT, I supposed. The last thing I can think of is TPCIP.SYS!! I found my BT download speed extremely slow recently, did some search and found out Microsoft just update TPCIP.SYS, that means the half open connections limit has been reset to 10 again. You need something like LvlLord patch to modify it. ( check this out: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=10872 ) Try it, see if any of them works for you.

Archived