uTorrent allow the computer to hibernate while downloading

bearshare

I have been using uTorrent for a few days and I notice an annoying bug:

I allways keep my PC on over the night, with uTorrent running and downloading at good speed. By next morning, the PC is allways hibernating. When I start it again, uTorrent resume downloading.

It seems that uTorrent is allowing the computer to enter hibernate mode even if uTorrent is downloading.

I have used BitTorrent for months and I have never seen such behaviour. With BitTorrent, if I let my PC running over the night, the PC will not be hibernating by the morning.

Then change your hibernate settings in Windows.

I for one, don't want any software blocking hibernate. My UPS battery backup sends a signal to Windows to tell it to hibernate if the power goes out and the battery gets low (which happens very quickly)... Anything that blocks windows from hibernating in such a case can easily cause data loss, and must die a painful death...

• 11 months later...

i cant believe this bug is still around. using utorrent 1.6 build 474 now on a Windows XP SP1 fully patched desktop and i leave utorrent on over night and find that in the morning my desktop computer is in hibernate mode. this is bad for me because i have hibernate mode disabled in windows and in the morning my pc is unable to wakeup and i am forced to reboot. it is even more strange that it only seems to happen to me when i have my monitor set to shutoff after 20 minutes under the power options. now that i have included my monitor to the list of "never" shutoff/hibernate/standby after so many minutes the problem has not resurfaced but surely this is a bug.

Archived