Has "append the torrent's label" been restored?

cjard

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth a while ago that "move completed torrent"'s "append the label" had disappeared from options, replaced by a complicated and unworkable label/path mapping system. Some bright spark noticed it was still present in the web ui, but eventually it stopped working (torrents without any folders, only files exhibited weird behaviour).

I note that the option is (in my 3.5.1, possibly earlier) back in the prefs of the desktop ui; is the feature restored and working how it always was pre 2014?

• 2 weeks later...

I use the auto labelling and label directory mapping system successfully in version 3.5.1.

For example, in "Options", "Preferences", "Label", I have "Use Label and Directory Rules" checkbox checked and added under "Auto Label": "Label: Star Trek Discovery", "Contains: Discovery" and hit the "+" button. Then in "Label-Directory Mapping" I use the drop-down to select "Star Trek Discovery" and the elipses box "..." to set my preferred download directory, then the "+" button to add it to the list. For example, all my downloads (torrents) go to "D:\Download", but Star Trek Discovery episodes go to "D:\Download\Star Trek Discovery" specifically.

I'm enjoying how this feature is helping to keep my download folder clean.

Archived