The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another

sawo

[03:00:12] Error opening "X:\xxxx\Films\xxxxx\xxxxxxxxx.ISO.!ut": The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

i got this error on two files it shows randomly and im pretty sure the files are NOT used by ANY other process different than utorrent.eXe

Why should µTorrent be locking the files? Why are the desktop search utilities even locking the files with exclusive access? What reason do they have to lock files? All they're doing is scanning and indexing -- they're the ones at fault if they feel like they need to lock files just for that.

• 3 months later...

I have been wracking my brains and scouring the Internet to find the solution to this - and a related problem - with no luck.

utorrent keeps interrupting downloads as described above ("the process cannot access...") AND a bizarre windows (?) error message keeps popping up. Nothing I've read so far has included a successful solution. All I have discovered so far is that the error pop-up seems to be triggered by moving certain types of .avi files (or, in my case, downloading one).

The error pop-up says:

CPU: GenuineIntel, Intel Pentium 4, MMX @ 2390 MHz

Application data:

VmVyc2lvbjogV2xGQlhVSlFWRlphUkU1RFJrTlZKQ2xTT3lRN1ZpQXN

BQWRWUHlFOEl6QnpaSHQrZHpNa0lqc2tJelpGY25SOWVHcC9SemM3Uj

[..... this gibberish goes on for over a page .....]

There are three buttons at the bottom, -- [Ok] [Copy Text] [submit Report] -- none of which works.

Here is a screenshot: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=15029

One solution I found on a different forum was:

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

rename it C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax1

It hasn't worked for me, however.

I've been using utorrent w/o a glitch in over a year, this only started about a month ago. It's driving me nuts!

Can anyone help???

Archived