Forward ports? Slow Download PLEASE HELP!

skimmer.aus

I have been using utorrent perfectly and then all of a sudden all my downloads have been going very slowly. I used to be able to download @ 30kb/s but now i am lucky to get above 6kb/s? I tried 'test of port is forwarded properly' and it says it isn't; that is is NOT open and I also have the yellow triangle at the bottom of the screen!

I have read the port forwarding information on the port forwarding website but it does not make sense and i have no idea why one day it was working perfectly and the next is is so slow. I havent exceeded my download limit so i have no idea why? I have disabled DHT and uPnP port mapping and i have disable Kerio Personal Firewall + MS Firewall. I have set Global max connections @ 130 and Max num of connected peers @ 70 and numbre of upload slots @ 3. Would this have anything to do with the slowness?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated i have tried everything, uninstalling, reinstalling, updating trackers ect... but nothing seems to work

Thanks,

Robert

I followed the link and all the instructions and setup a static-IP like it says, however i still have the same problem; slow downloads, yellow triangle and when i clcik 'test if port if forwarded properly' i get "port is not open".

Could it have something to do with firewall (i have closed all firewall programs and turned them off including XP) or can you open a specific port on your computer somehow?

i dont have a router i dont think? I just have a broadband modem thats connected to the internet?

It has worked fine for a year up until about 2 weeks ago and now utorrent is slow. Even thou utorrent downloads @ only 3kb/sec thou, it slows down my WHOLE conection ie: opening webpages, dowloading from the net ect...

I am really not sure what to do now. I have unistalled all firewall programs (not disabled), setup static Ip and forwarded and still not working. The only thing i remeber doing thou to my computer between it working fine and not working was installing Google Earth.

The port forwarding shouldn't be a problem Or the No-static ip address. I had this excact configuration(NOT FORWARDED port(i had the triangle at the bottom of the page, and my ip address is not static), but still i was able to download without any problems with at least about 25-30KB/s. Now i do forward the ip address, but i don't see much difference. Check out, if you have limited the maximum download speed of μTorrent. Don't believe to the speed tests. I Tested my speed, and the outcome was 275/112(using multiple tests), while i have a 512/128, and i DO download at about 55KB/s.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling uTorrent.Or set all settings to default.Also make sure that your computer can get the speed, an it is not full of viruses/trojans/packet senders etc.

Merged Post(s):

Also check this out!:It might be your ISP:

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Double posting instead of editing is negligent and unnecessary.

@skimmer.aus: Trying setting it t ostatic will not make any difference anyway.As long as your ethernet cable is always connected to the same port on your router, your modem/router will give you the same ip address. This "static connection" can only be created for Lan. Its not for the internet anyway.The ip given to your modem/router by your isp, cannot be controled by you in any way.You can use the same ports for different programs, as long as they don't run at the same time. The protocol that you need to set it for, is TCP(i don't know if UDP would work as well). Have you tried re-installing it as i told you, and set everything to default?(Make sure that you don't install over the previous version, but make a clean install).

@silverfire: Ok, i will try not to do it again.

Archived