Increasing the speed of seeding?

AustralianGQ

Im just wondering how to increase the speed of seeding so i can keep a high ratio on torrent sites that i am on. when i go to preferences>network my global maximum upload rate is 1120 and ive set my alternate upload rate when not downloading to 50k...should i increase that, what else can i do?

u cannot upload more than ur conection let u do, the better u can do is let utorrent handle the seeding settings by choosing the correct numebrs u have from the speed guide.

For example, make the speed test in the speed guide, it will tell you what is the max u can upload at, u cannot expect to upload snything more in most of the cases

if u are worried about ratio, u should just let utorrent run the torrents until it is a good ratio, nothing else

i still dont get what u mean? after i finish downloading a torrent i try to let it seed. but it drops down to 0kb and it doesnt seed, id be happy with 2 or 3 kb a second until it seeds 100%...is their anything in the setting i can change to do this? like this must be someway to seed a file, something i havent done right...i did one of the tests and i got an upload rate of like 4.489 or something like that....i tried setting my upload rate to like 4 and 5 and it still went down to 0kb when i tried to seed

When you're setting your upload speed, you have to be precise -- no "something like that." Tell us what exactly the test said... For the moment, I'm not 100% sure what your problem might be, but there may be various possibilities, one being that you're overloading your upload and it drops to 0KiB/s because it can't send ACK packets.

After you tell us your test speeds, answer these:

- Do you have peer.lazy_bitfield enabled?

- Do you have Protocol Encryption enabled?

- Is the incoming legacy connection option (next to the Protocol Encryption option) checked or unchecked?

ok i went here http://www.abeltronica.com/velocimetro/pt/?idioma=uk&newlang=uk and i tested my internet speed and i got this.

download: 2343.68kbps(292.96KBps)

upload: 365.92kbps(45.74KBps)

i have no idea where to find these, where in utorrent are they?

- Do you have peer.lazy_bitfield enabled?

- Do you have Protocol Encryption enabled?

- Is the incoming legacy connection option (next to the Protocol Encryption option) checked or unchecked?

One trick you can do to keep ratio up is jump on a torrent you anticipate will be popular and grab say 10-30% if it is .700-1.38gig and then stop the torrent and set it 'Don't download' in files tab. Then force recheck, it should say 100%. Now start it and seed away. (also can do this if you find exact same torrent elsewhere, ie public sites)

Obviously you might sacrifice a bit of quota, especially if you don't end up d/l the whole thing. However, it can be worth it.

Archived