1.6 Scheduler/Global Max

Red Frog

If the global limits override the scheduler, what's the point of a scheduler during those hours that it is needed to set a global limit? What's the point of setting a scheduler limit if it doesn't override anything? If you want to use the global limits, don't use the scheduler, simple enough.

Once again: no, the global limits never did override the scheduler limits.

Perhaps I was bugged then. However, that doesn't really make a lot of sense if the global can't override the scheduler. The scheduler should only override global if it is less than global, as in NTFS permissions where the most restrictive permission applies.

Could a mod please move this to the suggestions forum then?

The point is that sometimes, people have normal limits, but when they... go to sleep (for example), they want to increase the limit during sleeping hours. So from 12:00AM to 8:00AM, they leave the limits higher than the global. Then when they wake up, presumably at or after 8:00AM, it automatically switches back to their usual, more conservative limit.

Yes, I know the point of the scheduler. I have it set up for a normal week. However, what if there is an abnormal instance where I wish to allocate additional bandwidth to something else? You shouldn't have to touch the scheduler to throttle the program.

If it's an abnormal case, you can disable the scheduler and change the limit all from the status bar. Since it's an abnormal instance, it's (presumably) not something you have to do constantly. If you do have to change the limits often, then you might be better off getting some kind of QoS solution.

I still understand your request, though, just pointing out that there are other solutions/workarounds for it (just like this request). Anyway, I do believe this has been requested before, so there's probably no point moving it to Feature Requests.

Archived