uTorrent Web under Safari on Mac woes

tyroneslothrop

uTorrent Web has a few apparent deficiencies under Safari on the Mac, which weren't in the uTorrent desktop app that hasn't been able to be used by Mac users for over 3 years now.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do any of the following in uTorrent Web?

• With over ~80 torrents, the uTorrent Web client slows down significantly and displays a banner in Safari that says, "This website is using significant energy. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac." It also restart about once per hour. At 200+ torrents, uTorrent Web slows down so much that the restart frequency hits about once every 5 minutes. The interface gets so slow that if you try to click a button (say to delete torrents), it takes upwards of 5 minutes before uTorrent Web gets that message and shows the delete dialog. Is there any way to manage this and get better performance from uTorrent Web? This was very different from the uTorrent desktop client which was very speedy and allowed a lot of torrents. I used to run 1000+ torrents on that without difficulty, before they decided not to support newer MacOS releases with the desktop client.
  • The only way back from having too many torrents seems to be to pause some of them. However, there appears to be no way to pause more than one torrent at a time, and if there are a lot of torrents active, and the uTorrent Web interfaces to the button click ever 5 minutes speed, pausing all the torrents could take hours, one at a time, with minutes between each pause. Is there any way to pause multiple torrents at a time in uTorrent Web? There is a checkbox at the top left that allows you to select all the torrents, but once selected, there seems no way to pause all the torrents that are selected.
  • uTorrent Web at times can take so much CPU and bandwidth that other applications fail. For example, sometimes it is impossible to open the Google apps (like Google Sheets) and those apps will constantly print an error message about "Home screen is temporarily unavailable. Try to load it again or send an error report." But if I kill the uTorrent application, then everything is fine and Google apps load again. Is there a way to lower the OS priority of the uTorrent processes so they don't take up all the computer's resources?
  • Sometimes I delete a torrent in uTorrent Web and after restarting the client, the torrent comes back even though it had been deleted. Is there a way permanently delete torrents in uTorrent Web so they can't magically resurrect?