How to limit the count of concurrent files to download from one torrent ?

nmr50

Hello everyone!

I want to ask gurus of utorrent - is it possible to set limit of parallel downloading files from _one_ (ONE) torrent ?
It is like I have torrent with 500 files in it, yet I want to download files but with 3 files at one time, no more in concurrent mode. Is it possble ?

Thanks in advance !

-t

Edited by nmr50
small fixes

On 2/9/2024 at 11:01 PM, nmr50 said:

It is like I have torrent with 500 files in it, yet I want to download files but with 3 files at one time, no more in concurrent mode. Is it possble ?

No, try this 

Edited by raddyst

16 hours ago, raddyst said:

No, try this 

Thank You ! As I understand these two options giving me 1 by 1 sequental mode files download...

I suppose this feature "How many files should be downloaded in parallel" should be placed as option in the next version of utorrent :)

Thanks in advance!

-t

Edited by nmr50

2 minutes ago, nmr50 said:

And - tell me - these two options giving me 1 by 1 sequental mode files download - or - is it possible to specify - how many files I want to download at one time - 1, 2, 3, 5 of mentioned earlier 500 files ?:)

If you have only 1 seed with 500 files, all files will be downloaded one by one.

But, if you have many seeds and torrent contains 500 files of 1MB and your download speed 10MB/s - sequential downloading will not work.

1 hour ago, nmr50 said:

Btw, I suppose this feature "How many files should be downloaded in parallel" should be placed as option in the next version of utorrent :)

utorrent.chm (help file for utorrent) last updated over 10 years ago

On 2/14/2024 at 3:32 PM, raddyst said:

utorrent.chm (help file for utorrent) last updated over 10 years ago

hi again ! I've set those two parameters but what I found - utorrent ANYWAY pre-allocates all selected files and THEN starts download them 1 by 1... this is NOT what I really want... :( I think new that option will be PRETTY NICE: what count of files should be added to immediately download - from 0 (unlimited) to specified number, so utorrent will preallocate only files which are pointed to download by that number...

Thanks for helping, I will wait for that new option :)

-t

28 minutes ago, nmr50 said:

I've set those two parameters but what I found - utorrent ANYWAY pre-allocates all selected files and THEN starts download them 1 by 1... this is NOT what I really want...

You can unchecked "Pre-allocate all files" option in Preferences -> General.

30 minutes ago, nmr50 said:

I think new that option will be PRETTY NICE: what count of files should be added to immediately download - from 0 (unlimited) to specified number, so utorrent will preallocate only files which are pointed to download by that number...

Useless.