complete noob needs help... PLEASE!!

carlcon

hi i'm new here and new to utorrent. I usually use limewire pro for downloading, but i couldnt find what i was looking for using that. i was told that utorrent was pretty good so i thought i'd give it a try.

as the title says, i'm a complete noob and first off i want to admit that i am useless at this kind of thing, so i need to be told what to do step-by-step.

i've been trying to download something (700MB) for the last few days and i'm only at 33%. i can only presume this isnt right because limewire would usually have it done in a matter of hours.

i've read the FAQ sections and didnt understand a lot of it, so i'll just give you the details, and hopefully someone can give me some tips.

Time Elapsed: 19h 6m Remaining: 2days 4hours

downloaded: 276MB Download speed: 2.3kB/s (avg 4.1kB/s)

seeds: 0 of 3 connections (69 in swarm) peers: 3 of 542 connected (463 in swarm)

total size: 700MB

i cant stress enough how useless i am. i tried going to options and going to "speed guide", but dint know what to do. i have it currently set at xx/384k.

by the way, i'm using a wireless connection on my laptop, but i dont think that is faulty since limewire works ok.

thanks for your time. hope to have some answers soon.

Carl the NOOB...

edit: oh and another thing.... what am i uploading???

uploaded: 743MB upload speed 15.2kB/s (avg 10.9kB/s)

Archived