Can't get port open.

abbycar

Well, I have tried everything. I have the Linksys WRT54G v5 broadband router and the Belkin ADSL modem attached to the Linksys. Before I continue, YES I have read all through portforward.com and all the other recommended guides for port forwarding, but still I can't get the port open. Any ideas? I have configured the router for port forwarding for uTor1, I have configured Windows Firewall and even tested the connection with the firewall disabled. Still no go. Have also disabled the firewall on the modem. Have tried different port numbers, have checked that my isp isn't the fault. Once, a long time ago, I did have port forwarding working, but it only worked once, then stopped and hasn't worked since. Bar throwing it all out the window, I am at a loss. Any advice? I can give you any information necessary. Running Windows XP Pro, sp2, AVG, please help

• 5 months later...

hi, i am new to this forum and having the same problem as abbycar.

i have spent days trying to fix my 'firewall' problem. i had been using azureus for a year with no problems (had doen the prot forwarding successfully). then one say it stopped working - i had a firewall problem. i tried opening a new port but no luck. i tried using utorrent instead, with yet another new port, and still have a firewall problem. i have followed all of the instructions and have done prot forwarding in windows xp, norton 2007, my router (linksys WRT54Gv5) and my modem (siemens speedstream 4200). i have read every bit of information and instruction i can find, and have searched the forums and faq's for suggestions and advice. i have bypassed the router and plugged straight into the modem, no luck. i tried the solution for the double nat problem from the advanced port forwarding guide also, but lost my internet connection completely and have turned off the firewall in the modem.

the only thing i can think of is that the problem came up when our internet service was down one weekend. aparantly a lot of people had their service down. when it came back online, i had the firewall problem. so the only thing i can think of is that this is a problem with my ISP. in the guide there was a remark that some ISP's block connections to unauthorized ports. any ideas how to overcome this problem? i am in australia and will be so sad if i can't get my utorrent to work! i will keep searching, but if anyone more experienced than i am has a suggestion i would be so gratefull!

cheers!

Hi Not sure if I'm in the right place but her goes i have the little green icon showing in utorrent that seems to mean every thing is OK but when i go to utorrent in preferences speed test and click on port test it keeps saying page not found any help any one thanks

Archived