getting those last few pieces

xltrader100

You could just wait and see what happens. If people have quit seeding it though, it will be tough. One nice thing about utorrent is that you actually recieve download information even if no seed is connected. However, if you've gotten everything that the other peers have and nobody with the entire file is connected, then that may be the case. Try looking for the file elsewhere. With any luck, there's another one out there somewhere. There are a couple things I have that literally took weeks to download because of the same problem you're talking about. But they were actually moving. I have had to give up on a couple torrents because they were stagnant for a couple weeks and nobody was on them. Unless you're downloading something extremely rare, there's usually lots of different ones out there.

Indeed, someone I know waited for 3-4 weeks to get the last percent (literally) of a 6-7GiB torrent and got it in the end, but you're really going to have to be patient, and still have to be prepared to accept the fact that the torrent might just be dead, and that no seeder might even return on that swarm. If you can, you can always try requesting a reseed of that torrent on the site that you found the torrent from, or on the torrent's tracker, but I wouldn't bet on that either.

Archived