WRT54G Problem *Have Read FAQ*

Duhut

Hello,

I have a WRT54Gv3 router and have been trying to get this thing to open ports for utorrent for the past 2 weeks to no avail. I have tried tofu and thibor and those failed so im now on DD-WRT. Its installed fine and i have read through all six pages of the sticky trying every suggestion, yet im still getting the error when i test in speed guide. of course no firewall/spyware/av on, and i have opened the port 40000 in the port range forwarding tab of the DD-WRT. What am i missing and how do i make this work.

As it is now and has been, i get good speeds 500-600kbs downloading and uploading, but i can only upload as long as im downloading that torrent. once its complete i can no longer upload and i always have the red circle with the !

Any help would be appreciated.

*note*

I have used utrrent for the past 8 months on my home router a wireless b model and not the g and had no problem. Never needed to update firmware, just open the ports and was ready to go, so im confused as to why this isnt working.

False. Once again, not running does not mean not installed, and being installed, regardless of whether they're running, still leaves system hooks in the computer. If you're using a connection from someone else, they (more likely than not) control port forwarding, not you. Worked before? Maybe they changed their settings, who knows?

ok nothing has changed on my computer, the only thing that changed was the location and router on which i connect. Security programs are not an issue, let me assure you. And how would they controll the port forwarding on MY router? the port is open when i connect directly into the wall, but when i connect to MY router its not.

Then fine, that throws that theory out (something I wouldn't know beforehand anyway, since you never mentioned it). Try uninstalling the security software, and enable Windows Firewall if you worry about protection -- be sure to have µTorrent add an exception to the list though.

If that doesn't work, then the problem surely lies with the port forwarding setup itself and/or the router. If it comes to that, then make 100% sure you set up a static IP, and followed the port forwarding guide carefully. If you had any troubles/qualms about the process, ask here.

While the anti-spyware thing is a rather unlikely cause for trouble, weirder things have happened...

Anyhow, if uninstalling those things (and presumably, restarting your computer) didn't help, then as I said, something's wrong with the port forwarding and/or the router. "If it comes to that, then make 100% sure you set up a static IP, and followed the port forwarding guide carefully. If you had any troubles/qualms about the process, ask here."

i have set up a static ip many times before on different router same with port forwarding. Its all done correctly, i have upgraded my firmware and still no go. Its something with this damn model router as it has a whole sticky on how its screwy, but i cannot figure it out.

What subnet are you using on your router, and what are the details of your mini isp system? (eg What is your network ip address and subnet mask, and what is your internet ip address?)

If the isp setup is 'fake' for lack of a better term then you might be able to fix the problem by putting ddwrt into client mode (semi complicated, there are tuts all over though).. This could only possibly help if your building has a flakey setup more akin to a home network than an isp (which isn't uncommon)..

I'm pretty sure I've seen this occur with a dsl modem that had a builtin BS router that didn't allow ipsec which is necessary for good router/router interfacing

Archived