switched from dsl to cable, can't access modem

choop

so i am trying to forward my ports, which i know how to do once i get on the modem interface. i just can't get on the modem interface.

i basically set up my static ip, and then typed it into the browser but i get page can't be found. i called technical support. and they won't help as it is against their policy.

anyone know how i can get to the modem interface via a browser?

my modem is not on portforward.com

um, this confuses me. when i was on dsl, i typed in my ip and a screen came up where i could allow ports to be forwarded on my modem?

for example, www.portforward.com instructs you to go into the modem, and how to make yourself connectable. i am good with the windows firewall and utorrent, so i assume you have to do to a cable modem what i did to my dsl modem, no?

Back then your DSL 'modem' was a modem and router together, in the same box. When you access the GUI you're only configuring the router portion of the box. The only way a modem gets configured is by the ISP's DHCP, and the configuration happens when you plug the coaxial cable into the cable modem. It communicates with the ISP's DHCP and receives its IP, gateway, and subnet mask from the ISP's server. Other than that, there is nothing else to configure.

Archived