How to get static iP?

T-Stylez

This is what it says =

---------------------------------------------------------

Step 10:

Before you make any changes, write down the settings that you see on this page. If something goes wrong you can always change the settings back to what they were! You should see a dot in the Obtain an IP address automatically box. If you do not, your connection is already setup for a static ip. Just close all these windows and you are done.

Click the Use the following IP Address. Then enter the ip address we previously found in the Ip Address box. Put the subnet mask we previously found in the subnet mask section. The default gateway should go into the Default gateway box. Enter the dns servers we prevoiusly found into the two DNS Server boxes. Click okay all the way out of this menu.

If you find that you can not pull up webpages, the problem is most likely the dns numbers you entered. Give your ISP a call, and they will be able to tell you which dns servers to use. This is a question they answer all of the time. They will be able to tell you what you should use right away.

That's it you should be done! If you can't connect to the internet go back and change your configuration back to what it originally was. Remember that all of the computers on your network need to be setup like this, and every one of them needs to have a different ip address!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

i did all that and thats it... but i still don't know what my static ip is

Archived