Not connectable on startup

Free Will

I put the uTorrent shortcut to the "Startup" folder in the start menu, so it fires up with windows. However the tracker shows me as "not connectable" on the torrents it starts up right away.

If i stop the torrents and restart them, itll switch back to "connectable". This wouldnt bother me if it was just a tracker detection error.

Once waited a couple of hours, but the one and only unconnectable seed did not connect to me. He connected soon after i stopped and started the torrent again. Any ideas?

If in the time that the tracker was saying your were unconnectable, the µTorrent port checker said your port was open, then there's nothing to worry about. If that is the case, what you saw was probably coincidence that you couldn't seem to connect until restarting the torrent job.

The torrents where im listed as unconnectable are started during windows startup, so theres no way to check the port checker. This also occurs every time i start my computer:

At first unconnectable

Then connectable after job restart

What im trying to achieve here is to make uT start those torrents with boot, but being connectable in them in the first place, not having to restart the jobs.

The one essential peer in the swarm is unconnectable, and he wasnt connecting to me without restarting the job, so either hes told by the tracker that im unconnectable and dont bother trying or?

Oh.. there is an error :). Thx for the tip.

Error opening Windows firewall: 0x800706D9.

Ive disabled the windows firewall tho.

EDIT: oh yeh.. i get that error because ive disabled the firewall. But that doesnt solve my problem. There are no other errors.

EDIT2: Hmm. I want to start utorrent in bosskey mode during startup, and im wonderin if theres a way to do that with the lil checkbox in the settings, and not having to mess with shortcuts? Maybe that would solve the unconnectability.

Archived