Setting up a proxy?

Bakuryu

What kind of sticky does there need to be? All it takes is filling in the requisite information that you should have on hand. If it doesn't work, then the proxy is either blocking, or just working improperly. BitComet probably worked for you because of NAT traversal or something.

Says who? Plenty of people have been able to use their proxy with µTorrent. Just because YOU and a few others can't doesn't mean EVERYONE can't. That's just like saying no one can forward their ports just because at least 5 people come every day saying they can't forward their ports.

• 3 weeks later...

then help me out buddy.. and I will be grateful for life

I am behind a proxy at work.. I use BitComet and everything is sweet as..

HTTP 1.1

proxy1.xxx.xxxxx.xxx.xx (the proxy server)

port 8080

When I attempt to replicate this in uTorrent -

HTTP

proxy1.xxx.xxxxx.xxx.xx (the proxy server)

port 8080

the tracker status states 'working'.. i can see the peers and seeds ie - 0(83) 0(3).. but no go

And that's EXACTLY my point. You're probably firewalled, and there's nothing µTorrent can do about it. You can try allowing peer communication through the proxy as well, but if the proxy doesn't support anything besides HTTP connections, it won't work. Again, BitComet probably works because it has NAT traversal -- µTorrent doesn't, so if UPnP doesn't work, and/or you don't have control over the router, you're going to find it very difficult to connect to peers (if you even could connect at all in the first place).

Archived