Annoying noob question re port forwarding?

navsimpson

I'm as green as they get when it comes to torrents, so I'm hoping I won't get jumped on... I have an IBM router - came free w/ my laptop. I'm not as adept as the usual torrent user and have no idea how to 'forward a port' - and in all honesty, I'm not even sure what that means. Right now, it seems as if I can download, albeit slowly, but barely upload at all, which seems to defeat the whole point of this. However, the help page doesn't list anything about IBM routers. Does anyone know anything that might help me - i.e. who actually makes IBM routers etc?

Thanks in advance,

Nav

Thanks for the response. It is an "IBM High Rate Wireless Gateway" that, it seems, is actually made by some company called Delta Networks - the model# is DR-E200W. Neither Google nor the Delta Networks site reveal much and I'm guessing they aren't popular (or thinkpads are business computers and thus less likely to use bit torrent?). Delta Networks routers are also not listed on the portforward site. I have XP SP2, so I'm assuming that uTorrent has added itself to the safe list.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nav

Archived