Lil help

EddieV

On 100/100mbit line

Wanted to know if these settings are ok. Uploading is fast but downloading is not up to par I dont think. What could be the problem, could it be Max Active Downloads? Here are my Utorrent specs

Bit Torrent:

DHT- Disabled

P/E- Enabled

Global Maximum of Connections- 900

Max number of connected peer per torrent- 125

Number of upload slots per torrent- 25 (not sure if correctly setup)

use additional upload slots if 90% etc is Checked

Queueing:

Max number of active torrents up or down- 20

Max number of active downloads- 20 (not sure if correctly setup)

Any advise on what I should do or change above is greatly appreciated. If I can make the up better ok great but at this time the download is not correct I dont think so any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Ed

IMHO, a third of your theoretical maximum upload speed (12.5MiB/s barring overhead, which you said you never reach anyway) is very respectable. Even just looking at the number absolutely, 3.9MiB/s upload is no small feat. Yeah, you can do better in an absolute sense, but the way BitTorrent is, you're not always going to get fast people downloading from you.

Understood. Sounds fine I just wanted to make sure I have my settings in order. I was on 10mbs before and I could max that out all the time so I never had to mess with settings except for once (speed test) and that was all. Now with the extreme flucation of speeds I was not sure if better was possible and I was just missing a setting. For now I have it set on 50mbit with some tweaks since I dont hit 100mbit and I guess its ok.

Thanks for the hlp

Eddie

Archived