Auto shut down

Z-130

Hi!! It would be nice if utorrent could auto shut down the pc when the download and upload speed goes under a limit (which the user could specify). I m requesting this because my router keeps losing the connection to the Internet...

Thanx and congratulations on your fabulous work.

I think this can't be possible:

F.e.: If a user only runs one torrent, and for some reasons the tracker isn't available for minutes, there would be no traffic (except overheads) and your utorrent would shut down your PC in this case.

If your router is loosing internet connections, so something is missconfigured. Try to find this out ...

Perhaps you didn't set up your utorrent correct? Follow the setup-guide http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php, especially the part with the speed-guide (CTRL+G).

Well that depends on whether the router gets disconnected while he's using µTorrent or not. If he's not using µTorrent while it happens, then any amount of configuration for µTorrent won't help. If otherwise... he should also check the first link in my signature.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have an internet connectiong with a daily quota of 1 GB and since my request for embedding logic in uTorrent to be able to set a daily quota was bluntly shut down, I wrote myself a little .Net program that hibernates/shutsdown the computer when the set quota is reached.

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you find any problems or if you have any requests

http://dandar3.blogspot.com/2007/06/network-monitor.html

@Z-130: I was going to put something in the next version to allow to hibernate/shutdown if the traffic in the last X minutes is below Y KBs, to avoid running say all night for nothing really.

Archived