Ports are correctly forwarded, uTorrent says they're not.

asdfasdf

Until today, I have been using uTorrent version 1.5 for a while, and never bothered to upgrade. The light was always green and I never had any problems.

Today I decided to download 1.6. Not only did my virus program say "VIRUS FOUND" when I opened the installation program, but once installed, I noticed a red circle. I figured I needed to reenter my port in the speed settings. I did, then tried a test. I couldn't get the port to successfully forward, and I tried several ports.

I then thought I figured it out again. I have one of those Linksys WRT54GS models. Unfortunately, upon checking the version at the bottom of the router, I apparently have version 5, so this doesn't even apply. Now I'm completely lost. What do I do from here?

Another interesting note: When trying the port test again through 1.5, it worked. Why does an older version of the program recognize the port being forwarded and the newer version not?

Another interesting note: When trying the port test again through 1.5, it worked. Why does an older version of the program recognize the port being forwarded and the newer version not?

This tells me otherwise -- the problem has to be a firewall issue =T What firewall are you using? Have you tried uninstalling it (temporarily, enable Windows Firewall if you're worried about your security) to see if µTorrent continues to report the port as unforwarded? Also, just to be sure, disable UPnP in µTorrent.

I've been using Zonealarm. I just uninstalled and tried again to no avail. UPnP is already disabled.

There's nothing more I can do to fix this. I've never had a problem until I "updated" (I guess it's more of a downgrade) to 1.6. Is 1.5 still available for download?

Unless there's some error I'm missing in these screenshots, there is no problem.

utorrent1an7.th.jpg utorrent2jh1.th.jpg utorrent3ib3.th.jpg utorrent4zo0.th.jpg

Look around in your router's configuration. You should see some DHCP settings. It should tell you the start of the range, and the number of IPs in the range. Set your statc IP to an IP outside of the highest number in the range. So if the start of the range is at 192.168.1.1, and the range is 50 IPs wide, then you should set your static IP address to higher than 192.168.1.50 (and naturally, forward to that IP).

"upnp isn't perfect. I would stay away from it if I were you..."

How is it not perfect exactly? Is that why my green light just now turned to yellow?

This is becoming a real pain. I thought I could finally end it, but I guess not. The port forwarding will simply not work, I followed that setup page from start to finish.

hello to everyone

im having exactly the same problem...port is being forwarded correctly but utorrent doesnt seed at all...

i have no firewall installed at the moment so theres no way that can be causing this problem...

ill leave you here a screenshot so u can understand better my issue

id appreciate any help

portqc1.jpg

Archived