Ability to change the save folder and some other suggestions

kleischten

I'm considering switching from BitLord to uTorrent, but there are a few minor features that uTorrent lacks that I'm wondering if they could be added.

- The ability to change the save folder entirely, ie: Don't automatically save to the folder name specified in the torrent file. Some torrents have folder names that aren't very good (lack the date of the concert, etc). Another check box in "Folder Options" called "Use torrent's default folder name" would be nice. That way you can still set your downloads folder, but when you add a torrent, it will ask you the folder name if you have the new checkbox unchecked. It wouldn't even have to show the folder selection dialog here, a simple imput box. It can default to the folder name from the torrent. This can help wihen starting a seed back up, also, because otherwise, I'd have to make sure the folder name matches the torrents save folder name again.

- One tracker I use a lot (zappateers) has a torrent that is constructed to contain the address of the forum thread that contains the torrent file, etc. BitLord will create a link beside the torrent name that I can click to have easy access to the thread. This would be nice to see sometime.

- An easy way (combolist on the toolbar?) to switch between Full Speed, Limited (as defined for the scheduler), and Turn Off.

Just offering some ideas/suggestions. Of all of these, the first option is and the main reason I still consider sticking with BitLord. I think uTorrent looks great. I really like the scheduler and integrated search area.

- An easy way (combolist on the toolbar?) to switch between Full Speed, Limited (as defined for the scheduler), and Turn Off.

Never mind, I just learned that this is already possible by right-clicking the status bar at the bottom of the window. Nice.

The first item of the initial post is still something that I think would be very useful. Is this there already and I'm just not seeing it?

Archived