Intended Behavior?

mikman

I found somthing quite strange. I generally set the maximum upload/download on each torrent. But i recently found there is a global settings for this that I would think applies to all torrents. Strangely enough if you enter something in the "Global maxium upload rate" it also affects all your torrents download speed?

Try it your self get a few torrents going and then set the Global maximum upload rate to 1 and watch your download speeds drop to a max of about 6 total for all torrents...

Is it just me or is this the intended behavior of this function?

Anyhow I set it to Zero (unlimited) and then set each torrent as I see fit and it's all good...

Even still, if they feel like leeching, let them do it for every torrent manually. Not only is it somewhat annoying to remember to do it for every torrent, but they're also only going to harm themselves due to BitTorrent's mildly tit-for-tat nature ;o Not limiting based on the the global maximum upload rate makes it that much easier for the leecher, so that's the most obvious place to start the leech prevention at.

Archived