Need Help: No Incoming Data

Juster

Hi, I really need help with utorrent. I can seed but I can't download and I have a red icon in the status bar. The only way it downloads is if I restart and get about 1 kb download rate for about a minute. I have been trying to fix it for 2 to almost 3 days without luck. I have tried port forwarding and everything else I could find. I even messed up Firefox and can't get it to work now. It's been running fine before but I don't know what happend, please help. Thanks

Modem: Motorolla SURFboard SB5120

ISP: Time Warner - Road Runner (Transitioned from Comcast)

Router: DI-614+

I have no firewall on that I know of, I even disabled Windows Firewall.

Internet works fine and I can seed but no download I have to torrents stuck at around 90% and 1 has 14415 seeds, 3124 peers and the other has 3962 seeds 1760 peers. And I know the availability is higher then 1.0

Ok I connected my pc directly to the modem so that means its the router. So can someone help me fix it. Or I will have to find my Linksys router and this one is going to be fed to my pellet gun. But now im gonna need a new wireless router, just got to convince my dad to by a new one hehe.

Edit: Had to go back to router because of the phone (Vonage). But when I had the computer connected directly it was downloading at .1 - .9 kB's and that sucked. And it say's port not open

PLZ HELP!!!!!!

Finally got the answer. It was'nt my computer or router etc. The torrent was a fake and quite a bit have been popping up. Sorry if I wasted anyones time, this was the first time I encountered a fake torrent. This is a post I found on another site(dont think I can post the link):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of fake torrents, usually most wanted titles. You can recognize them by:

- huge number of seeds and less peers

- tracker is usually http://midnightbits.xxuz.com:2710/announce

- Uploader comments: [ Find more at http://www.torrentportal.com ]

All torrents stop downloading at 98.5% or similar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another fake tracker goes by the name of phogo, these tracker show large number of seeds that dont connect. I learned that the hard way and spent about 3 day of useless work and even bought a new router.

Archived