WRT-54GL --> DD-WRT v23 SP2 std plus settings, speeds are 1.4 kbs max.

twisted_ed

I have reflashed my Linksys WRT54GL to a DD-WRT v23 sp2 std. I also entered in the router these settings found on this webpage http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Special_note_for_users_with_Linksys_WRT54G_GL_GS_routers

The following instructions are for DD-WRT v23 or later only.

Enter the following values at 'Web-Admin -> Administration -> Management -> IP Filter Settings'

Maximum Ports: 4096

TCP Timeout (s): 300 (decrease if you have many TCP connections)

UDP Timeout (s): 300 (decrease if you have many UDP connections)

Save Settings and then Reboot Router

I have forwared the port to 1720 bacuse I read that Shaw here in canada throttles all torrent downloads and 1720 was a better one for some, prior to flashing and even after flashing the router the speeds were at best 34-60 kb per second. since I entered the above settings I have gotten at bet 1.5-2 kb per second. After I chenged the TCP/UDP and max ports back to default the download speeds still remain at bets 2 kb per second

I have forwarded the ports properly because they pass the speed guide port test also in the bottom bar next to the green cicle with checkmark and DHT: XXX nodes there is a download speed limited text.. whats up with that.

So I figured out that my problems were related to the limited download speed thing in the bottom bar, fixed that, not I am getting speeds of 30-130kbps. I went throught the speed guide sticky downloaded a test torrent from the suggested sites and got about 130 kbps on them.

Then I found that my ISP (Shaw) if probably a problem as well. I am in British Columbia and use shaw as my ISP. I figure this is probably the reason for my woes at this point. Can anyone confirm thats a shaw user

Archived