A Noob has a problem...anyone willing to help?

Bader40

I've been using UTorrent for a while now and have been very pleased with its performance.Yesterday, however, i noticed a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. When i investigated it states that i've got no 'incoming connections' which may result in problems...should this icon be green or should i ignore it? is it something to do with routers because i don't think i'm connected to one?

Sorry if this is just another newbie asking a simple question but your help would be appreciated...this is my first post by the way.

Well, what can i say, your response has been staggering...thank you...NOT

I've read the tutorial and all would be dandy if my modem was listed on the portforward site...but it ain't. So i'm stuck with the yellow triangle.

Am i missing something simple here or am i never gonna get this sorted.

Come on there has to be someone out there who can give a little advice instead of ignoring this post.

maybe i should go back to bitlord ot bitcomet?

No, i've gone back to my Comono Firewall ( thankfully because the windows alternative is wholly inadequate)

My mistake was, and i'm embarrased to say it, was that i had not configured the firewall correctly, i was allowing incoming traffic but outgoing traffic was prohibited.I guess i could not see the forest for all the bloomin trees.

Anyway, now i've got the green light, i am now enjoying acceptable download speeds.

Archived