RSS. What is it

winchie

I have been downloading torrents for a while now and was tempted to investigate the RSS button. That was when I got myself confused. I couldn't understand a word of the info that I was looking at. (I am a member of the older generation, still using valves when I was a lad, and do not use or understand computer speak:) )

Any help with the advantages/disadvantages of RSS would be helpful, but can any answers be in plain language pls and not computer speak (if possible)

RSS web feeds deliver information and content in such a way that allows one to track updates using an aggregator. µTorrent can aggregate and parse an RSS feed, allowing one to automatically download newly released .torrent files that match a specified filter. Such feeds must give direct links to the .torrent files in order to be parsed correctly. To access the RSS Downloader, click "Options" then "RSS..." (or press Ctrl+R on the keyboard) in µTorrent.

If you need an explanation as to how one would use the RSS aggregator, check out Firon's RSS tutorial, or check out the description in the manual (second link in my signature).

Archived