No connections

davidm

I've been using utorrent for several months and until this week never had a problem. Now my downloading and uploading has come to a complete halt. My computer runs on XP SP2 and the only firewall I use is provided by Windows. My resident anti-virus program is AVG and it doesn't interfere with P2P. I have an adsl connection using a regular cable modem that works fine. I have not changed anything prior to the lack of connectivity. I have read the instructions concerning DHT UPnP and have taken all the steps outlined several times. Nothing has made the slightest difference.

According to the port tests, my network connection works fine, and I have the little green tick. However, I have 0 nodes connected. I also have the message "Unable to map UPnP port on the "logger" section. Why is this happening and what can I do to get utorrent working like it did until a few days ago?

It has occurred to me the problem might be my ISP. Could my ISP be blocking the connections? If so, are there any ways around this problem apart from changing ISPs, which is not possible for me?

I enabled protocol encryption and there has been a marked and consistent improvement. Still 0 DHT nodes, and some of my downloads have no connections, but the bottom line is your advice has helped and I'm very grateful. It has also occurred to me the problems caused by the Taiwan earthquake and the very slow repairs to damaged cables could be behind a lot of the connection difficulties.

Archived