Crashes after several hours...

torrentino

Hi to you all!

I am using v1.6 since a 5 days or so on winxpSP2 (all patches except IE7) and v1.6 crashes at me when I leave it on for a long time, say 7 hours or over night. All transfers stop, winXP displays its "This bad program has to be shutdown" message and until I kill utorrent it hogs my complete internet connection. When it's killed I can use my connection again. There seem to be some problems with utorrent screwing up XP's IP stack? I don't know.

The first two crashes I had even produced a utorrent dump. It even asked me to allow transmitting them to the utorrent site but that failed because even utorrent couldn't use the internet connection successfully. I still have thos two dumps - how/where can I submit them manually?

But again, most of the time utorrent doesn't produce those dumps...

Any help or directions what I could do to narrow down the problem are appreciated.

Regards

torrentino

Hi!

I don't run any of the listed incompatible software.

I looked around and found the tcpip.sys patcher. Would you recommend to set/patch new values into tcpip.sys? What values would be suitable?

net.max_halfopen is currently set to 8.

When I just came back to my computer to check for answers on this board utorrent was still running but with 0kb/s into whatever direction.

I then shut it down and tried to contact my router (fli4l) but couldn't reach to it. I restarted winXP but still couldn't get to the router interface. I had to restart the router computer to be able to get out on the internet. So maybe there's really some kind of connections problem.

BTW: I never had these problems while running eMule.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

torrentino

Meanwhile I downloaded a few more torrents and their contents.

I left the tcpip.sys unpatched but disabled UPnP, DHT and IP resolvement.

utorrent does not kill my router anymore. It does crash from time to time and I try to submit the dump report. This doesn't always work...

Well, but for most of the time utorrent works for me now without too big problems.

Thnx for your help, Ultima!

Regards

Torrentino

Archived