Upload Speed Question

begintherev

i was just wondering how fast my upload speed should be going? on a really good torrent right now i'm getting a peak of 60kB/s and normally download with a real good torrent up to 600kB/s. My internet speeds are tested at 4925kbps DL and 483kbps UL. My only concern is my upload! should i be uploading at a faster rate? it seems like i can get more out of it! any suggestions? or is it running okay?

thanks guys!

check your set maximum upload rate (preferences-connection at the bottom), set it to 0 which the unlimited. if its set to 0 then it could be slow because not alot of people may be downloading that file. when downloading torrents they are automatically split up and downloaded bit by bit from different people.

hope this helps -chris-

check my topic below yours, if u have any advice or help, would be most appreciated.

My speeds are almost like the thread starters except, I have a 5985kbps DL & 424 UL. My advertised speeds are 6mb DL and 512kbps. My max upload speeds are between 50-55 when I'm only seeding one file and not DL any. My problem is slow DL speeds when I'm not seeding. I want to know what should my seetings be when I am DL 1-3 files at a time. I know, good DL speeds come from the seed to leech ration, but i rarely get above 100kbps on any of my DL's. Any advice or tweaks would be greatly appreciated.

ddmaniac you definately have something off you should be able to download well above 500kB/s with a good torrent! do you have the port you're using open? what kind of a ratio do you see as a good torrent? a good torrent is a torrent with a ratio of 400 uploaders and 1 or 2 downloaders. if you're torrents are nowhere near there than find better! haha. but be sure the port you're using is open! that definately helps!

Thanks for replying, I have port 54321 open on my Netopia DSL modem that comes with a NAT. I also have NIS 2007 and utorrent is allowed. I have the green circle with the check mark at the bottom of my utorrent client. I followed the instructions to a 'T' from portforwarding.com. I think its the seed/leech ratio that is the problem. I rarely download files that have a 400 seed count. Most of the time the leechers out number the seeds. But, hey, that's to expect with pRon. LOL.

yea that's most likely your problem than! try to get into a few private torrent sites. if you do some research or have friends that know stuff that's normally the way to get into places like that. Depending on what you're downloading too of course! but yea... i can see why you're going slow than! good luck on the search! it takes time and a lot of begging!!

tootles

Archived