Cant Access network files

sod

Hello, im using utorrent 1.6.1 BETA with the web UI on my server.

I have it set to transfer the file when it has finished downloading to a '...\complete\' folder but the new files that have been moved from the '...\incomming\' folder can not be accessed across the network, they can however be accessed on the local machine that is running utorrent. I currently have to log onto the machine with utorrent (Via VNC) and move them to another harddrive to access them or make a copy of them. This is configured in the Downloads Section of utorrents preferences

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

SoD

if you mean for the '...\complete\' folder, yes.

for me to access the file i have to make a copy in the same folder or move it to another harddrive, but i can access other files in that folder and sharing permissions are defently set up ok. As i said the only file i have problems accessing is the ones that Utorrent has moved.

i was thinking that windows may protect files moved from a non shared area to a shared area if the user has not transfered them ( Ie transfered by a program). dont know though :S

Yes I do see the listed files, it makes sense what you are saying and would be why I can't access them, Should this be raised as an issue? Fixing it would mean that utorrent copies the file to the complete folder and deleting the original.

Copying large files after completion is intense, so I don't think it's a viable option. The only thing I can think of is that you set the permissions for the incomplete folder to allow everyone to access the files -- in that way, any files that are moved from there will have the same permissions.

Archived