GUI/program refresh very buggy at startup ??? "utorrent is already run

tawn10

utorrent window takes 10-15 sec to refresh ,sometimes get the error "utorrent is already running or the program is not responding 'ok" when trying to add a torrent directly (open with) or opening utorrent running from systray, the problem resolves after 10-15 mins, actually also used to do this when adding another torrent aswell but seems to have magically fixed itself??? I had this problem before and after a win reinstall although the program used to work fine?? can regmechanic cause any probs ?? resourse usage is fine and I dont appear to have any listed conflicting software on my system

Running XPSP2 etc

after lots of hmmm and errrr ive concluded that pctools antivirus is the culpret, does any one know of a workaround or a better (lite) freeware realtime scanner, Ive added the torrent folder to exception but this has no effect Thanks for your help Ultima !

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to confirm this.

I installed PCTools AntiVirus tonight, and then immediately thereafter when I would load uTorrent, the entire uTorrent program would freeze. I would have to "END TASK" to close it. Nothing else would freeze up, just uTorrent. I could still do anything else, include browse this message board, with no problems.

I searched for PCTools and found this message. I then uninstalled PCTools AntiVirus, rebooted, and uTorrent was back to running fine and dandy again.

Now that I know what the problem is, I'll see if I can re-install PCTools AntiVirus and see if I can get it to play nice with uTorrent. :) Failing that I'll just find a different antivirus package, like Grisoft or something. I had been running Norton for years, but finally got tired of it tonight, so I uninstalled it to check out PCTools. :) hehe

Yup Ive gone to grisoft as pctools just wont play nice, the antivirus doesnt even have to be running and it still upsets utorrent, grisoft have a new freeware version that works good without license and I would recommend it to anyone on a tight budget infact even if not its lite its freindly and its low maintenance, thanks for the reply SouthernJunk !

Archived