Trendet TEW-4xxBRP Routers & uTorrent

Agent_J

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Green checkmark

- What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

- Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

XP

- Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

none

- Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

TRENDnet TEW-452BRP, Motorola SB5100

- ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Rogers

- Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection.

Cable

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Feb 3 12:18AM new Trendnet Router

5129 / 722 (Kbps)

(626 / 88.1 KB/sec)

Compared to the average of 307 tests from rogers.com:

* download is 33% better, upload is 41% better

- Basic computer hardware

P4 1.7Ghz, 512MB RAM

I just bought a new TRENDnet TEW-452BRP which I replaced with my old NetGear router and it seems my speeds on uTorrent have deteriorated quite badly. With the NetGear router, I was able to usually able get 200+ kB/s download and 90 kB/s upload (ISP capped), but now with the new TRENDnet router, I'm only getting 45-100 kB/s (goes up and down very fequently) download and 0.5-3 kB/s upload. I have enabled a virtual server to forward port 63216 to my PCs IP address, so port forwarding is set up correctly (otherwise my download is 20-30 kB/s, upload 1-3 kB/s). Could it be that the TRENDnet routers are to blame?

Archived