Crash

Wryth

hello,

I would appreciate some help. I am only moderately computer literate, so I may need more explanation than many or the other users. While loading, my utorrent program crashed. There was a statement indicating where files had been saved. Upon reloading, a screen came up asking it I would like to "inform the downloader" ( I think thats what is said). Anyway, there is a choice of yes or no. Regardless of which I click, the question reappears over and over. Once I'll finally hit cancel, it asks if I wish to send a report. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Moreover, Disc clean reports and error, and Nortons won't run anymore either. Can someone please patiently help me?

Thank you

Ok, here's what I have figured out: By watching the progress reported while running Norton's, I noticed that it was when it reached a specific file I was downloading (Beethoven box set 2) that it would report and error each time. I went to the Downloads folder, and found that when I open that file, I get en explorer error message, to send or not send, then windows explorer shuts down before I can delete the file. I also tried deleting the entire Downloads file, but get the same error message from windows. I went into windows and deleted all of the temp files and cookies. Another tried netted the same results.

I am wondering how I can delete the contents of the downloads file, as well as anything else I might try.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Archived