Yet another NAT issue

TangenT

I have tried using uPnP without much success (Linksys BEFSR81 V3), generally getting a red " ! ", and on rare occasions a yellow " ! ".

I am now trying port forwarding, and can only get a yellow " ! " constantly. The download speed is not bad, but nowhere near what I have gotten in the past.

I have tried using both DHCP and a statically assigned IP address to see if it made any difference (which it didn't).

The port forward test shows that the port is not open, although I have it forwarded in the router config, and have the rule enabled (see screenshot)

configpn0.jpg

Anyone got any suggestions on how I might try and fix this, or is there something I may have overlooked in my tired state of mind? :P

At the minute the IP address is inside the range (50 addresses from 192.168.2.100), as it is set to .142, but I didn't think this would affect it as there are only 5 other computers being assigned IP addresses. I will try an address outside the range to see if it works better, or is that not what you are getting at?

The modem I am using is a Linksys ADSL2MUE (firmware ver 4.12-UK if it makes a difference), and I am using the router as my firewall (XP firewall is turned off for my LAN connection)

I have changed my local IP to 192.168.2.152 now, and am constantly getting a yellow triangle...one step closer i guess...

But I can't figure out why I cannot get a proper connection, as the ports are forwarded properly (I initially did it myself, but checked with portforward.com to make sure I hadn't overlooked something), and the IP address and router settings should be correct for facilitating this activity.

:(

Archived