Ports not forwarding after update to 1.6.1 Build 490

theSuccubus

Thanks for helping me with this... I am using windows firewall...but I run with the firewall down.. So I turned it on... and then restarted uTorrent and after fireing up one torrent started to be active and then all torrents started haveing "tracker offline", "hostname not found", I use utorrent on my laptop also and i took a small torrent from the desktop to the laptop and IT is downloading fine even though it is not on the desktop..but the windows firewall is up, the auto add utorrent to the firewall option is on. and everything is reded.

Rachael

Start > Run > firewall.cpl

Look for the exception for µTorrent, and remove it. Then go to the µTorrent preferences and make sure the option to automatically add an exception to Windows Firewall is enabled in Preferences > Connection. Restart your computer, and check again...

Succubus, I changed IPs all together when I was having the same trouble after upgrading. After I changed the ip on this pc, and I forwarded a different port also, I got back into connectivity again. It was the identical situation you are explaining.

Make sure you reboot after you change your IP in tcp/ip config.

Also: people have been reporting that utorrent changed the default port after upgrading, so make sure you are forwarding the right one.

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but I'm having the same problem. I've been using uTorrent for several months, with manual port forwarding, but ever since I upgraded the ports no longer forward.

I'm running Windows Xp with a Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless router. I'm manually forwarding to port 57059. I'm running F-Secure Internet Security 2007.

I've checked that the upgrade didn't change the forwarded port --it's still 57059.

I checked the router -- port is still forwarded properly. I re-did it, just to make sure.

I've never had a problem with F-Secure before, though when I first ran uTorrent after the upgrade F-Secure tried to identify it as malware. I fixed that, and just to be safe I went through and checked/updated all of the rules to make sure it's allowing uTorrent through. There doesn't seem to be any problem there -- I've tried disabling the firewall, and the port still isn't forwarding properly even with the firewall off.

I've also tried running uTorrent on the same laptop at my office (Linksys wireless router, sorry don't have the version #, behind a Netgear? RP114 router I think). I've manually forwarded the same port there in the past, and it used to work fine, but it doesn't work there since the upgrade either.

I think I've ruled out that it's a firewall or router issue here, so I can only assume it's something with the new version of uTorrent. I've played around with other settings, but nothing changes. No matter what I'm getting the yellow triangle and a logger message that it's "Unable to map UPnP port".

Suggestions?

Archived