I'm working off a University network and need help bad

keyco99

A couple of weeks ago I came across a T.V central web site that advertises downloading T.V. shows and movies. I paid my money and begin on my journey of trying to understand how to make my favorite sitcoms and movies download. I've downloaded a couple of movies and sitcoms in the beginning stage, but know I don't know what is going on. My computer takes four days to down load a movie and I have the yellow triangle icon continually showing up on the bottom screen. I must admit when it comes to computer I'm not knowledgeable about how things fully work. Can someone plz help me. I have read over and over the guidelines on how to overcome some of the problems that I'm having, but they have not helped. Please help me on how to set my computer up.

1. You likely got ripped off paying for whatever you paid for -- µTorrent is free, and MOST torrent rackers out there are free as well.

2. You usually can't forward your ports or get good speeds using university networks. The best you can do is run the Speed Guide carefully (testing your connection's upload rate, then selecting the corresponding option in kbit/s in the Speed Guide's dropdown). You might also want to try enabling Protocol Encryption, but that's likely not going to help.

I really appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to help answer some of my questions. Like I said in my first email my downloads are very capricious at times. I checked my speed and I have it set on the right setting. I guess all I can do right now is just be patient and wait for my downloads to complete. Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Archived