Very strange problem with these specific !ut files

bennyboy371

I downloaded a large torrent full of a large segmented rar archive, and now that it was marked as completed, I went to the download folder and noticed something particularly strange. There were two groups of files, each allocated to the full completed file sizes, but neither set of files was complete. One was a set of !ut files, and the other a set of rar, r00, etc. After a bit of extension changing, I realized that the sets of files were complementary, one was missing the parts that the other had.

I've never encountered this, and I don't want to spend another three days downloading this. Is there any way to merge these sets of files?

I didn't want to put this under Found Bugs, I am not sure if this has happened to anyone else and my system has been acting strange lately.

There were none missing, they were complete sets of files, for example one XXXX.rar and one XXXX.rar.!ut existed, both at the same allocated size but containing different data. Oh well, I deleted the set of files that had the lesser amount and started downloading again from about 63%.

Archived