Serious issues, may be nothing

Sergio420

I have upgraded to the new uTorrent 1.71 Beta. I am using Windows XP SP2 with the patch for added connections. I have a Linksys WRT54G version 6 Router. I am using Outpost Firewall Pro. It does not seem to be blocking UT at all. As a matter of fact, I look at the log and it shows the connections for UT, with my yellow light.

My issue is, I am able to upload and download. I am using the UPnP feature. I get a yellow icon for network. I test if the port is forwarded, it is. The light will turn green, then back to yellow. I have disabled UPnP and forwarded the port in the router, the same thing. I have tried numerous ports, to no avail. The upload and downloads seem to be fine.

I am also not using DHT at all. I do however notice that all my flags are generally U, very rarely an I.

Should I be concerned that it keeps switching from yellow to green? Should I use UPnP, since my router supports it, or Port Forward, without UPnP?

The reason I like UPnP instead of the port forward, is I seem to get pinged excessively, when I shut down UT.... unless I reset the router and modem. This does not seem to be the case with UPnP enabled.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Archived