Moderators

webbl19

Hey i just wanted to post something, i was having the same connection problems (no green light, no incoming connections, slow DL speeds) as most of these people on here, it seems anyways. The other day i was playing with my utorrent trying to get the green check mark. Well i am connected directly to a modem so i dont know if this will be the same with everyone else. What i did is went into my network connections and opened the one i use, then clicked on properties, in the next window that opens up the spot where it says "this connection uses the following items:", well mine had a bunch of stuff on there at first, so i started uninstalling them, the only one that is there now is the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). And now it works like a champ, i have the green light and i have had no problems since them, so it could be something you all can type up and maybe it will solve some of these green light issues. my OS is windows xp media edition 2005. The only thing is that i work from home connecting to a network at my work, and for some reason it wont let me log on there when thats the only thing i have installed on that connection so i just have to install the right one again so i can log onto there network. Its kind of a pain but it doesnt take much time, i dont know if there is a easier way around it, let me know if you can think of anything.

Lee

Stroke of luck (or bad luck in getting the red light in the first place) -- that's all. Removing/readding the protocol stuff have nothing to do with port forwarding state, and as you've apparently noticed, it can be more problematic than helpful. The only thing you can do is ask your workplace's network administrators about how you would go about setting things up so that you can join the network again.

Archived